Here is a list of things to remember about Christmas next year!
- ask yourself: why you are buying a whole month's worth shopping for the week around Xmas? Are you feeding more people? Are you going to be able to enjoy all this extra food before the sell-by date comes around? I thought not. Save your money and buy just a couple of things you really like.
- on that note, remember that Tesco is open 24 hours a day apart from Xmas day itself. You can always go and get another pack of mince pies at any time, so don't buy loads all at once.
- don't buy Tesco's "brandy" cream. It's far too strong-tasting and swamps mince pies or Xmas-pud. You'll enjoy single or "pouring" cream without any added flavourings far more.
- Tesco's "value" Xmas pudding was voted our favourite from the 10 or so we tried. Why? Because it conformed to the traditional pudding mix without anyone coming across whole nuts and unchopped pieces of fruit which, apart from being odd, made the pudding very coarse. A good Xmas pud should stick to the top of your mouth not taste like muesli!
- as every year, the run up to Xmas is far more enjoyable than the period 25th onwards. Enjoy, savour and then put the damn tree back into the loft on Boxing day (if you ever decided to get it out ).
- there will be more...